Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Asking For And Showing Certainty

  















      Certainty digunakan untuk menyatakan kepastian terhadap suatu persoalan. Disisi lain, Uncertainty menjadi faktor penghambat certainly. Jadi, lawan Certainty yaitu Doubt ataupun uncertainty yang berarti keraguan.

1. Asking For Certainty
    a. Forgive me, but are you sure about that?
    b. Do you mean about that?
    c. Are you sure?
    d. How do you sure?
    e. Do you think so?
    f. Are you really certain about that?
    g. Are you absolutely sure?
    h. Are you certain about that?
    i.  Really?
    j. Is that so?
    k. Is it confirmed?

2. Expressing Certainty
    a. Yes, I'm cetain about that
    b. Yes, I am sure
    c. Yes, i'm certain
    d. That's my conviction
    e. It is confirmed
    f. Definitely
    g. Without doubt/no doubt
    h. I'm certain
    i. I'm sure
    j. There is no doubt about that
    k. I have no doubt about it

3. Dialogue
    Dialogue 1
  
    Rama  :"Look at the window, it's cloudy. We will have rain soon."
    Fira     :"I'm not really sure that it will start to rain because it's dry season."
    Rama  :"Hmm, It's a good reason."

    Dialogue 2

    Tiara  :"Are you sure will go?"
    Dita   :"Yes,I'm sure"
    Tiara  :"Where do you go?"
    Dita   :"I will go to spain."
    Tiara  :"Can you cancel it?"
    Dita   :"I'm sorry, I can't."
    Tiara  :"I will miss you."

No comments:

Post a Comment